scrolls

jetta77

Elite Cafe Member
I would just like to add to the before mentioned conversation about scrools. And mostly thank all of the engravers who are publishing methods and tips to us new engravers, most noteably Sam for this wonderful website and to Ron Smith for his absolutely GREAT books on scroll layout and design. I tried for months how to draw scrolls but with not much avail until I ordered Ron Smiths book and within a very short time I was getting results. I was going to include a before and after shot but decided my befores were much to horrible. Let me know what yall think and give me tips on how I should or could better my scrolls. I think scrolls are the most beautiful parts of engravings.
Mack, if you read this you are one lucky guy to get a free book from Ron, now that I have it I know it's worth and it's littarlly priceless to a person like me.
Jeff

Attachments

• scroll 2.jpg
    scroll 2.jpg
    37.2 KB · Views: 317

Mack

Elite Cafe Member
I can do a fair job of a pencil portrait but I can't draw a decent scroll to save my life. You on the other hand are doing great.

jetta77

Elite Cafe Member
Thanks guys, the book really is that good, I've never seen a playboy that got as much attention...
Jeff

Mario Sarto

Elite Cafe Member
And mostly thank all of the engravers who are publishing methods and tips
I agree with this words. But i am embarrassed too even when i think of the possibilities i have. The finest tips and tools are on-hand today - it's up to me to make the best of it...
Maybe it's not so bad to go through hell. On the other hand looking at your result, i am glad i don't have to. I like it!
Mario

Ron Smith

~ Elite 1000 Member ~
Hey, way to go Jeta, That looks like something I might have done...........Be proud, It took me years to get to that point.

Have you tried cutting it yet? Shading will bring it to life.

Hey, there aren't any pictures in there like that. (playboy), but that is quite a compliment. I guess beauty is beauty is beauty. Right?

Nothing much more beautiful than a woman................

Rock on buddy, you do me proud!!!!!!!!

Ron S

KCSteve

~ Elite 1000 Member ~
Ron

I think the difference is that Playboy doesn't actually teach you how to get their beauties. ;)

jetta77

Elite Cafe Member
thank you Ron, it does look alot like your scrolls because I am basically drawing w my right hand and flipping pages to your book w my left. I think all you need to pick up playmates w is a LAARGE bankrole like Hugh Hefner...
Jeff

Ron Smith

~ Elite 1000 Member ~
"Maybe it's not so bad to go through hell." (I don't know how to do those guote boxes) but that quote was your statement Mario.

Hey Mario, you gotta kinda go through hell, to get an idea of what heaven is like, you think?...............And you will appreciate it a great deal more when you get there. :)..........it also gives you great depth and better understanding. So..........................

Right on. buddy

Ron S

Mario Sarto

Elite Cafe Member
... that quote was your statement Mario.

Hello Ron, yes, that's me. And please believe me when i say i know what heaven is. I was 15 when entering the studio of my instructor first time. Before i entered i read his doorplate over me. The golden letters told everybody on the street who and what he was. That was the moment i know what i wanted to be. Of course i didn't know what i have to pay for it...

... today i have my doorplate and together with my loved family i am in heaven. I can work what ever i want. When i ask the boss about micro stone-setting a few month ago, she said go on and do it. On the way i came along here and found these curios lines which lare looking so fair and beautiful. Never expected they will go into my sleep to bring them on my jewellry. What ever it takes, ready for good and bad things and another livetime learning - i am still young.

A pleasure to be here, thank you again Ron.

Latest posts

Sponsors