0.3 objective for Nikon SMZ

Doctorslava

Hi, Dave. Seems like it is hard to find. I just measured a thread in my Nikon SMZ and it is 34mm with 0.5mm pitch. I would suggest buying adapter from this thread to 48mm because 48mm is easy to find.

monk

Staff member
::::Pledge Member::::
nobody wants to hear this-- but i installed a .3 on my leica. the thread dia was off by a mm or so. problen solved without adaptors. i aligned the .3 and used epoxy or hot melt. cant remember which. it works for me. ymmv. be advized, i'm a cheapskate. couldn' see adding an additional 20-30 bucks.

monk

Staff member
::::Pledge Member::::
Can you build up the gap with teflon tape like you use to seal threads in water pipe connections?
not sure but that would probably work. compounding my problem was leonardo's ring light. the .3 and leonardo's ring light were kind of married onto the leica without a preacher to officiate. all i can say is it all works fine. the ringlight, the .3 lens, and the scope. for my vision problem, the ringlight was a blessing for sure.

Dave London

~ Elite 1000 Member ~
Well the objective I got had the same outside dia as the scope body, gorilla tape to the rescue LOL thanks for all the ideas

Latest posts

Sponsors