0.7mm watch lettering

Southern Custom

~ Elite 1000 Member ~
Cutting at that scale always presents it's challenges. I respect anyone that can pull it off successfully! Nice job.
Layne

phil

Elite Cafe Member
Thanks for your nice comments. It was a real pain to do this job as it had been rhodium plated and the jewels set into position. The marking out had to be super accurate so the lettering fitted nicely around the inside edge of the watch back and in between the screw and jewel holes too. I took a scribe and traced around the part to be engraved on a copper plate. I then took a wax pull of the actual plate so I had an accurate position of the holes and jewels, then transfered the print onto the copper sample. All of the marking out of letters was hand drawn and scribed onto the sample plate and cut. A wax pull of this was then transfered to the actual piece so that no marks were present on the actual piece. A lot of phaffing about compared to those nice clean computer transfers, but for jobs like this I seem to spend much longer trying to get a computer to do what I want than just drawing it myself.

Latest posts

Sponsors