14K golden ring

Hora

Elite Cafe Member
Finally I found some time to engrave a 14K golden ring. Size 20mm, 5 mm wide and 1.4 mm thick. The pattern used I studied from Marcus Hunt “English Fine Scroll” DVD and book. Simple in design but hard to master. One of the most difficult things cutting was the 2 lines following the outsides of the ring. To get these straight, even and satisfying is not easy at all. But here it is. The lady who is now the owner is very pleased.

Last edited:

Hora

Elite Cafe Member
Pictures

Second attempt to display the pictures.

Attachments

• IMG_4684.jpg
    IMG_4684.jpg
    32.8 KB · Views: 394
  • IMG_4686.jpg
    IMG_4686.jpg
    34.3 KB · Views: 399
  • IMG_4673.jpg
    IMG_4673.jpg
    43.7 KB · Views: 390
  • IMG_4674.jpg
    IMG_4674.jpg
    41.6 KB · Views: 388

Hora

Elite Cafe Member
I used a 115° square graver with a 0,5mm wide point. It gives me the opportunity to carve 0.25 mm wide lines just by cutting half the grave point. For nice reflections the heel has to be mirror polished.

Verstuurd vanaf mijn SM-T700 met Tapatalk

Hora

Elite Cafe Member
Might, might not. Would love to. And this is why: I signed up with a new and very large employer in Al Jubail in Saudi-Arabia to start 2nd half of August. I have not seen nor spoken the team I will be working with. Than first all paperwork has to be finished including that of my wife before I can do any private planning. I am packing all my [FONT=&quot]Essential[/FONT] engraving and gold smithing tools to be shipped to the desert. Have to set-up a new workshop over there. Will be challenge to get materials and the right tools/spares in later on. Will be close to x-mass before I am settled. So, with a bit of luck I can make it.

Lee

~ Elite 1000 Member ~
Uitstekend. It's a challenge to cut scroll that small cleanly. Good luck in the desert and be safe my friend. Do not annoy the natives.
Tot zeins

monk

Staff member
::::Pledge Member::::
i like the piece very much. i don't see "english scroll", though. i see what sam calls "luminesque". he has a video that shows how he does this style. to me, it's quite attractive to the eye, whatever it's called.