3 Part Leaf Brightcut Bracelet

eastslope

~ Elite 1000 Member ~
Well, this is what happens when you let a redneck silver cutter watch the FEGA Dvd's from Dianne and Barry Hands. Very good Dvd's and make sure you get the casts. Part transition brightcut, part arabesque leaf, part western theme. This is a very, very distant cousin to Barry's leaves, and you could fit about 4 or 5 of Barry's in one of these, but I figured it would do on this bracelet. Size big; 6 inches long and around 1 1/4 wide shiny as heck sterling silver. Take care, Seth

Attachments

• 5-19-10 outside (10).jpg
    5-19-10 outside (10).jpg
    34 KB · Views: 281
  • 5-19-10 outside (6).jpg
    5-19-10 outside (6).jpg
    22.9 KB · Views: 237

Roger Bleile

~ Elite 1000 Member ~
Seth,

This is excellent:yes

Your design is elegant and flowing with well formed leaves and nicely flared cuts. This is the kind of jewelry work where the customer gets a beautiful piece with good visual impact at a reasonable cost. Well done:thumbs up:

In another thread someone opined that since American engravers learned from a small circle of engravers their work would be too similar. This piece shows that each engraver is free to use what he/she learns and evolve those lessons into their own style.

Thanks for posting Seth.

Roger

fegarex

~ Elite 1000 Member ~
Great job Seth!
Combining both seminars to make these is a neat idea.
They are great DVDs!! (shameless advertising plug inserted here)

rod

~ Elite 1000 Member ~
Seth,

Roger has written it well! ...and you have cut it well.

I am sure it meets Diane's famous summation ... "is it attractive?"

I say yes! You have taken elements and reshuffled the cards to give a nice personal stamp to this bracelet. The graceful design has room to breath and the contrast is good. Thanks for posting.

best

Rod

Last edited:

Marrinan

~ Elite 1000 Member ~
Seth, I've been back to look at this a dozen times. There is really nothing to say that has not been said by more skilled eyes and hands than mine. You've really created something special with this piece. At first I thought it needed a leaf or scroll or transition/bright cut in the border but I think "no thats what Seth designed and it is marvelous. Great job. you may be headed in a direction that will leave a permanent mark on western redneck cutting for some time to come. Ya done real good boy-Fred

CJ Tate

Elite Cafe Member
Very Attractive, Seth. The technical praise has been covered eloquently above and I agree with all of it.

From a strictly personal/female point of view - I would definitely wear this - all the time. Larger without being too flashy, graceful but not too busy. I like the bracelet shape and the lobed border at the ends. Dress it up or down - it works. You have a winner. - Candy

silverchip

~ Elite 1000 Member ~
Hi there Seth,
Great Idea and nicely done too.I like the fact that you didn't try to cover the entire surface and the cuts look clean.(and you got a nice endorsement from someone that would wear it too!!!):cool::cool:

Last edited:

Jane

Elite Cafe Member
Seth,

And to think you were nervous to post this....I knew it was fantastic when I first saw it. I to have looked at it numerous times. JUST BEAUTIFUL!

Latest posts

Sponsors