901 and Graversmith question

billyProps

Hi, I’m using a 901 handpiece with a Graversmith and it seems like I might need to adjust something. Doing fairly consistent lines (for me) and then I go deep and power through it. After that, on the next line, the handpiece will be very slow to start and then “pop the clutch” and take off with more power than expected. Air supply is at 45 psi, and the on board regulator and handpiece are tune at about 18 psi. It’s only happened a couple times, but I think after a gouge or deep line is when it happens.

mitch

~ Elite 1000 Member ~
kinda sounds like something is sticking. have you tried taking everything apart and giving it a good cleaning? reassemble dry- no oil? with the symptoms, could also be a defective regulator, but I'd try cleaning first.

billyProps

kinda sounds like something is sticking. have you tried taking everything apart and giving it a good cleaning? reassemble dry- no oil? with the symptoms, could also be a defective regulator, but I'd try cleaning first.
As someone who has always just shut off the propane and O2 without properly purging the regulators, I can see how this might seem like a bad one. I’ll try cleaning the handpiece. Actually returning the Graversmith and upgrading to the G8, so we’ll see if it persist.

Latest posts

Sponsors