Help, please: a request for help in connecting the engraving machine

PrzemekJot

Hello. I recently got an engraving. is there any possibility to connect it to an ordinary compressor? if so please send me a diagram or pictures of the layout or a link to ebay. Best wishes

416Rigby

Hello.
Welcome to the forum.
Could you post some pictures of your engraving machine, and the compressor?
1. Your first concern is that the compressor must be oiless. If your compressor isn't, I would invest in a good "silent air style" compressor first. Not brand pushing, but there are a lot of quiet compressors out there below 60 decibals.
2. If you have a GRS machine, you will void the warranty for the machine if it gets oil in it, and from what I heard from a tech years ago, it is quite expensive to send it to GRS to have it Cleaned, and repaired.
3. You will need to connect a filter inline to the machine you are hooking up. Was there a filter, and regulator supplied with the machine you got?
If you could post some pictures, we can probably help you through it.
4. Once you have the machine hooked to a clean air source, you will need to set the air pressure, and "tune" your handpiece for maximum efficiency.

Last edited:

ByrnBucks

:::Pledge Member:::
::::Pledge Member::::
welcome, If you intend on using a regular compressor that has oil then this is I believe the least you can do to prevent oil from reaching your machine and causing damage. Good luck and have a good one. BB 55795770-2D36-481C-B6BE-30E81EED8A85.jpeg

DKanger

~ Elite 1000 Member ~
Gentlemen,
It's pointless to offer advice before knowing exactly what he has. Obviously he's in another country and communication will probably be a hindrance. In the past, people have sought advice only to find that they had only a handpiece and no control unit to manage it. Need to wait for more info before confusing him with irrelevant facts. It's a process.

Latest posts

Sponsors