A very pleasant experience

Big-Un

~ Elite 1000 Member ~
Well, after many years of engraving, I decided to bite the bullet and get my FFL. I had one in the mid 80"s and let it become inactive, not a really good thing to do. So, I filled in everything and sent it off, not knowing what to expect. Lo and behold, I received a response within two weeks, requesting just a couple explanations about my application. As I'm doing this out of my home, I needed to provide proof that I was not violating any zoning laws, which was provided by my license to do business from my address, cheerfully provided by my local city hall. The agent requested a face-to-face meeting which was done today. She was very pleasant and helpful, and I passed muster with no problems and should get my FFL within two to four weeks. So, I am now legitimate.

Bill

atexascowboy2011

Elite Cafe Member
Bill
It's a rough road when you're illegitimate.
But now that you're legitmate I'll bet you feel warm and fuzzy all over! :biggrin:

golden forge

Elite Cafe Member
Congrats,:tiphat: it's nice to hear a "good" story dealing with FFLs, It took the powers that be a year after cashing my buddies check to finalize his. Thats with him being a peace officer, and having a letter from the chief of police stating that they wanted him to have one, of course it could have something to do with it being a type 7, and living in California..:thinking:

Big-Un

~ Elite 1000 Member ~
This experience was far different than when I applied for it when in Florida. They kept returning my application for minor problems, such as the "wording" on some parts of the application. This went on for more than 9 months. I finally called my congressman to see if they could resolve my problem with them. I talked with my congressman on Tuesday and had my FFL on Friday. Coincidence? I don't think so. Any way, this time it was a very pleasant experience, and yes, I DO feel warm and fuzzy all over!

Bill

Latest posts

Sponsors