Another newbie drawing

Karlspinks

Sorry to post my poor attempts at drawing but last time round some incredibly helpful fellas gave me a lot of wisdom and hopefully slowly I'm learning from my mistakes

I tried to keep this simple and I know there are still issues with it but I'm working on it.

It's just a random design for no particular use just to practice drawing.

John B.

Lifetime Pledge Member
::::Pledge Member::::
Good going Karl.
Now trace over it taking out the elbows and refining some of the leaves and the backbones of the smaller scrolls.
The leaf outside the two smaller scrolls above the large scroll on the left is going the wrong way.
It might be better to fill this area with a leaf and bud from the exterior of the scroll above.
Give that a try on your overlaid tracing. Very good effort for early days and I like your figure six.
You might find it helpful to date your drawings and tracings to keep track of your progress.

mfennessy

Looks great. I'm not an expert but from what I've seen and read, a lot of classical scroll work will have roughly the same size scrolls. Obviously there needs to be different sizes but you might want to replace the really small scrolls with leaves.

Latest posts

Sponsors