Anyone else have dry eye?

gtsport

Elite Cafe Member
I know, it sounds like it is when your eyes are dry, but it actually means that your eye produces too many tears because it is signaling the brain that it is dry. In my case, my right eye drops a tear every few minutes during the day and as you can guess, it doesn't make engraving very easy. I have tried different kinds of drops to no avail. Anyone else know of something that might help?

Sinterklaas

Elite Cafe Member
You need to check the humidity in your room/workspace. Needs to be 40-60% to be good.
Maybe it is colder where you live and turn up/on the heat. This can cause the air to get dryer.

And when working don't forget to blink! It might sound stupid but when you focus on your work you want to keep your eyes open like a staring contest. This is not good and you will get dry eyes, redness or other discomfort. I had that problem when first working with a microscope for an extended period of time.

Stefan

Elite Cafe Member
Need to see a doctor!
Inflammation of the tear channel. Infection.

mdengraver

~ Elite 1000 Member ~
Tears Naturale is a great product. I have dry eye. Didn't like the Restasis the doctor prescribed! Make sure you dry los of water!

mdengraver

~ Elite 1000 Member ~
You need to increase omega -3 in your diet. EZ Tears made by Eye Promise is a great product has the Omega-3s. Phone number is 1866 833 2800 or support@eyepromise.com. It's a daily supplement that when used regularly works. Also my bicycling outdoors in the wind, and allergens, dust, pollution were aggravating my condition. The doctor recommended enclosed goggles that keep these eye irritants out! This has made a huge improvement for me!

highveldt

Elite Cafe Member
Several prescription drugs cause eye issues (as I well know personally). I suggest that it would be prudent for you to search the internet for side effects of all drugs that you take.

monk

Staff member
::::Pledge Member::::
just upon waking in the morning. otc drops helps immediately for me.

Big-Un

~ Elite 1000 Member ~
I've had dry eye issues ever since cataract surgery (comes with the territory) and take eye drops every morning and whenever it crops up. Drink a lot of water and force yourself to blink a lot. We engravers tend to stare a lot, whether under the 'scope or studying on the computer, both detrimental to our eyes.

gtsport

Elite Cafe Member
My problem doesn't fit into most of the suggestions, it happens all day long, windy, still, dry, or humid air (my day job is in a paper cup factory that humidifies the air), not med related, and only one eye. I started the Omega-3 today, we'll see what happens.

Latest posts

Sponsors