Anyone ever used PCB Transfer Film/Paper for Engraving Transfers using Laser Printer?

Steve L S

Yes, just finished a plaque using PCB. Like all these things your best friend is a notebook recording times and temps. My best results from using a Samsung Laser printer are at 135 degrees C for 3 minutes in a heat press but a clothes iron with a surface thermometer works just as good

Too smudgy means too much heat, poor transfer with missing bits means not enough heat or not enough time.
It tends to chip rather than being able to cleanly cut through it, that may or may not be a problem for your work, not so much a problem for me

Steve

monk

Staff member
::::Pledge Member::::
i use the blue stuff. a toner cartridge containing iron oxide is what i use. i dont do enough of this to buy dedicated equipment, except for the printer. the transfer has to be applied with heat and pressure. using a common iron, it is hit or miss to get a good one first time around.
the resulting transfer acts as a resist for ferric chloride etching of copper. the there's also another type that produces transfers tha will fire onto fused glass. it produces a "water slide decal. tricky to work with, but like any technique, may prove useful to some.

Latest posts

Sponsors