Appie Blokzijl

Willem Parel

~ Elite 1000 Member ~
I like to show you some work of a friend of mine a Dutch engraver listening to the name Appie Blokzijl.
He self is to modest to show his work but I asked his permission to do so and he didn't object, so I like to share this with you all.
I will not put the entire album at once here but now and then some pictures.
I like his work very much and I haven't any doubt you will.

http://i471.photobucket.com/albums/rr80/willemparel/hxf.jpg[/IMG

[IMG]http://i471.photobucket.com/albums/rr80/willemparel/ndjn.jpg

More in the next days.

Well as promised, here some more of Appie's work, I hope you enjoy it as much as I do.

Last edited:

JJ Roberts

:::Pledge Member:::
::::Pledge Member::::
Willem,I like what I see Appie's drawing,leather work and engraving.Get him to join the forum and keep us posted,thanks for sharing. :thumbsup: J.J.

Peter E

~ Elite 1000 Member ~
That is some fine looking leather carving and engraving. I especially like the scabbard with the sword on it.

monk

Staff member
::::Pledge Member::::
yes, this gentleman deserves to have his work posted for all to enjoy. please encourage him to join.

Peter E

~ Elite 1000 Member ~
More VERY nice and creative work. The beast in the photo after the pistol is really interesting. A griffin?

Thanks for showing. It is a pleasure to see.

D-boy

In dutch; ongelooflijk Willem das echt mooi werk van die Ap...........Hij is goed zeg, kan ik nog wat van leren.

In english; unbelievable Willem thats real nice work from Ap.............. He's really good, i can learn a thing or 2 from him.

Pierre Maurice

Hello folks,
A new member here,a gun enthusiast,shooter,modest collector of 19th C.Europ.and Americ. Ordnance small arms.
I have a 2nd Gen.Colt 1851 with a deeply pitted left side(Hammer ,frame next to hammer,cylinder on 1/5th and the top of barrel.Mechanical condition is fine.The result of poor storage in a humid basement by the previous owner.
I would like to ask Appie about the possibilities of getting rid of the pitted surfaces by doing some engraving to mask the damage .
Do you have his address&phone details in the Netherlands please?
Cordially.
Pierre from Nice,france

Pierre Maurice

Hello,
Thank you ADDER for this link,I will contact him shortly and see if there is a reasonable solution to improve this revolver.
Pierre

Latest posts

Sponsors