AT sensitivity

rmgreen

Elite Cafe Member
I recognize that GRS has sensitivity caps for there AT gravers and that 1 dot is more sensitive than 3 dots caps.

I was wondering if there is a way to make even the 1 dot cap more sensitive.

Machine adjustment???

or

????

Matthew Evans

Elite Cafe Member
I’m curious as well, I’ve tried a few things myself but nothing noticeable.

Last edited:

FANCYGUN

~ Elite 1000 Member ~
Roger i hold mine like a non powered graver with my finger on the side not top i find i can squeeze power it easier plus thats the way i hold my gravers anyhow i periodicallly pinch/crimp the flap tab to play with the sensitivity also Bottom line is you just play with it till it feels right i have it tuned where i can do many not all of my banknote engravings so it can be adjusted very fine

rmgreen

Elite Cafe Member
Roger i hold mine like a non powered graver with my finger on the side not top i find i can squeeze power it easier plus thats the way i hold my gravers anyhow i periodicallly pinch/crimp the flap tab to play with the sensitivity also Bottom line is you just play with it till it feels right i have it tuned where i can do many not all of my banknote engravings so it can be adjusted very fine
That's exactly for I am looking to do. I guess I just need to play with it some more. I too have my index along the side of the barrel of the graver to give added support and what I "think" is better control at least that's what I tell myself. Thanks Marty

FANCYGUN

~ Elite 1000 Member ~
Roger my index finger is alongside the graver not the barrel sort of like pinching the graver between the thumb and index finger then just a slight pinch/squeeze into the palm to cut

rmgreen

Elite Cafe Member
I am pinch in the say way except the tip of my index finger is pointed more in the direct of the tip of graver and it in the "opposite" hand. Right brain/left brain thing! Lefty most of the time!

FANCYGUN

~ Elite 1000 Member ~
You can also try rotating the handle so to change the location of the button in your palm usually somewhere in the 12 o'clock position works but try a slight rotation in both directions to see if that helps

tim halloran

Elite Cafe Member
I own a 901 handpiece given to me by D J GLASER that has a modification done to it that allows a more gradual start up, in effect more sensitivity. The information about the modification used to be available on the GRS webb site. If you can't find it ask someone in their tech department to explain it to you and show you pictures about how to do it yourself, it should be available in their archives.

rmgreen

Elite Cafe Member
Tim, I had heard something about this and forgotten until your post. I will follow through with your suggestions - Thanks

Latest posts

Sponsors