Critique Request Silver charm/ gold inlay

TFACARVING

Elite Cafe Member
conceptually i love the idea and visually i really like the contrast and most of the cuts seem to be fairly even as far as depth. i would say for a small charm without going super crazy i think it looks good. on a criticism note if you were going for a more realistic idea of bamboo keep in mind that at the junctions between segments the bamboo tends to be larger and have a sort of hump in them. That's just being nit-picky though i have attached a photo of similar looking bamboo for reference. however, as i said before i do admire the work and the vision :thumbsup:

Attachments

• AdobeStock_296255302-scaled.jpeg
    AdobeStock_296255302-scaled.jpeg
    78.3 KB · Views: 25

monk

Staff member
::::Pledge Member::::
I agree with both of you, I was struggling not making the nodes pointy so I opted for the shadow looks, which could be improved on and the leaves would have looked better larger. If there is a next time I’m gonna buy a small bamboo plant for reference. Thanks for looking. Now I can move onto a project with alot more layers and scrolls.
save yer money. there's tons of bamboo images to be found in google "images". color, b&w, as well as line drawings. i don't mean to copy, but just for reference.

Matthew Evans

Elite Cafe Member
If you are on the fence about trying gold inlay, take the plunge. Glad I got the nerves out of the way and got my first attempt. This was sanded down too much so lesson learned but I’ll add it to an upcoming project.

Attachments

• 1312092D-AE88-4CEC-9FCE-647FC25F8993.jpeg
    1312092D-AE88-4CEC-9FCE-647FC25F8993.jpeg
    76.3 KB · Views: 51
Last edited:

Latest posts

Sponsors