Beginner looking for a class.

jessg

I want to get into engraving and based on what I've read taking a class is the best way to start. I contacted an engraver here in Arizona, but he retired from teaching classes. Do any of you know any engravers in Arizona that still do classes.

dbeck

I am right there with you. I think we even likely contacted the same retired person for a class. The Mesa art center had an engraving course but I have not heard much about it. Hammer and chisel I think. Depending on where you are at I would be more than happy to show you what I know or have but that is not much sad to say. Keep looking and let me know what you find.

jessg

I'm out in Gilbert, if I find anything i will let you know. Where in the valley are you?

DKanger

~ Elite 1000 Member ~
Unless I'm mistaken, there was a recent thread here announcing that Mike Dubber would be giving a class in Arizona and a website was included. That website listed several other class opportunities. I recall the classes were in Sept.

TLP

Are all of these classes in the Phoenix metro, anything in Tucson?

dbeck

Brian is not teaching any more. Great guy and super nice to talk to but not teaching.

TLP

Unless I am
Unless I'm mistaken, there was a recent thread here announcing that Mike Dubber would be giving a class in Arizona and a website was included. That website listed several other class opportunities. I recall the classes were in Sept.
on the other engraving forum there is mention of a Mike Dubber class to be held in TX. is this what you are thinking of?

DARNEW

Texas Engraving School has a variety of classes from beginners to advanced. Western bright cut to engraving guns and gold inlay.

Latest posts

Sponsors