Black Out

JJ Roberts

:::Pledge Member:::
::::Pledge Member::::
Yesterday I had a blackout for about 4 hours...no lights..no phone..no tunes. Took my Lindsay Classic air tool and moved it downstairs to the dining room. I have a 35' hose which I ran from the shop to the dining room area. Hooked up my Lindsay Classic and proceded to work under natural light...no time wasted...Just something I thought I would share with you in case you ever have an emergency like this. Keep up the good work.

Yours truly,
JJ Roberts
Manassas, VA

Attachments

• jj.window.working.JPG
    jj.window.working.JPG
    102.9 KB · Views: 186

Mike Cirelli

~ Elite 1000 Member ~
JJ; There seems to be a little glare in the photo:D
Sorry I couldn't pass that up. Did you try and call me a view days ago. I got a call fromm your area but no message.
Mike

Last edited:

Dave London

~ Elite 1000 Member ~
Hi JJ
One of the nice things is the airgraver sips air. My 6 gal compressor ony kicks on about one time per hr. Keep cutting Dave

ron p. nott

Elite Cafe Member
hey jj .. did you get my e-mail about the york pa gun show and mike you should stop by it is only a few hours away from you guys , i will be there in all of my glory and set with my work out for every body to look at .. ron p. nott

that is this sat and sunday at the york fair grounds in the toyata building .. hope to see you there ..

JJ Roberts

:::Pledge Member:::
::::Pledge Member::::
Mike... There always is a glare when I am around. I never heard you picking on Sam..don't leave him out..then there is Marty, and Lee.

Ron....I did get your email. I won't be able to make it this week-end. I have a couple of projects I have to start and some bluing to do. As far as the knife show it is the same week-end as the gun show at the Expo Center here in Chantilly, VA which I do every 3 mths. Let me know when the next gun show is in York.

Dave....6 gallon aircompressor..I have a 30 gallon located in the root cellar under the dining room. I have a hose going from there up to the 2nd flr...thru a hole in the window frame to a water trap, from the water trap another hose runs along the ceiling with 3 outlets. I plug in my Lindsay airtool, my graver max, and a air hose. I leave the air tools disconnected when not in use, because I worry about condensation.

Keep up the good work everybody.

Yours truly,
JJ Roberts
Manassas, VA
School of Artistic Engraving

Mike Cirelli

~ Elite 1000 Member ~
The part in my hair doesn't know where it belongs anymore and I think it's getting the message not on my head. I'm right behind you guys. I don't have to wish it's coming. We finally found a weak spot in this forum. Transfers, photo lighting, cameras, graver grinding have been discovered and solved and improved and more, but a simple thing like growing hair not a word about it. As talented as the people are on here not a cure.

JJ If you had some heavy cutting to do with the Lindsay would it suck up the air like say the GRS 901 hand piece. That always seemed to me to be the advantage of the Lindsay was it's portability and ability to run with very little air.
Sorry about the hair ribbing.
Mike

Sam

Chief Administrator & Benevolent Dictator
Staff member
No need to be sorry! When yours falls out we'll welcome you to the fraternity.

JJ: Condensation is a problem here in Louisiana, too. Now that I have a silent compressor in my studio it's much better, but I used to have a 40 gal. compressor in a part of my workshop that didn't have A/C, and when the warm air entered my air conditioned studio, the lines stayed wet. Of course we have ungodly humidity here. / ~Sam

Mike Cirelli

~ Elite 1000 Member ~
Sam I have my compressor in the basement about 15' run up to my max. The moisture never reaches up, right now it's pretty dry here but in the summer it's quite humid. You probably don't have a basement though.
The lower you can get the air source less moisture will reach the tool. But then again Louisiana is so humid you may have to go down as far as China.
Mike