Blind-Swap

elkinssilver

While on my job (3M) last night I had several of the threads in recent past going through my head. This is a spin-off of a couple, and simply my suggestion. It seems that the one thing most of us have in common are knives. In a previous thread someone had asked if we had managed to hang on to any of our own work. The only work I have managed to hang on to is someone elses.. I say we indulge in a blind swap if you will.

I say we ( those interested) buy a simple spyderco knife. I think we should keep things as simple as possible and leave it to the artist discretion as far as the subject matter. Give ourselves a deadline say end of august or end of sept.. Then we have Sam or someone draw the order in which these knives will be sent out. Keep this totally blind until your knife is recieved at your door. Then it will be your responsibility to post pictures and comments. Just a thought. Would like to know what you guys think.

Thanks

Kevin Elkins

Knife swap

Kevin
Hello if your interested in a knife swap, I will sure swap with you. I customize lots of knives. I saw your post and I for one think it would be a cool deal. Let me know any ideas you might have.
Mike Pardue

monk

Staff member
::::Pledge Member::::
knife swap

being totally honest, there's every chance i'd get the better end of that deal, the other gal or guy the worse end of the deal. comparing my work to that of some of the folks who display on this forum would be an insult to them. i am honest and damned dedicated in my engraving pursuits, but many of these people would just blow my rear outta the water. would this be a fair exchange? certainly not to the masters who lurk in these hallowed electronic halls !

webad2006

I like the idea, but feel the same as Monk!..... I've only done my own knife, with a few wiggles, wheat leafs, and flowers. Not exactly great work, but I like it.

Hey caveman, how about a post of your knife work? I sure like your brown buckles, I've attempted to make a few myself.

KSnyder

Elite Cafe Member
Hello everyone, I ditto what Monk said. Would need some sort of amateur catagory if I threw in.:D
Kent

Latest posts

Sponsors