CAD Pendant.

Gemsetterchris

Elite Cafe Member
Hi All,
This a small experimental project i`ve just completed to celebrate my youngest lads first birthday :thumbsup:
First step was to use some french curves in sketchbookpro..

Next, using shadowbox in a modelling program called zbrush, i could use my image as an alpha to create the 3d version..

Saving this as an stl file, i sent the file to be made into a wax model & cast in silver.
Was fun to do & a first for me using a computer for designing.

Finished off with 3 black diamonds.
The script along with "s" cutout reads Sampsa.. my lad`s Finnish name.

Script was hand written via wacom pad into the 3d model, just abit of stipple to enhance it was all i needed..letters are around 1mm high.

Gemsetterchris

Elite Cafe Member
Ha HA! Fear not Andrew, it was just abit of fun out of curiosity.
Besides it`s alot easier & cleaner to mess with virtual clay models than carving wax!

Willem Parel

~ Elite 1000 Member ~
Well Chris that is qiute a nice piece you done with that programm, I just discovered Zbrush via a collequae on " the" other forum.
There is another easyer programm for free to practice with but I can't remember the name right now, if it comes up to my mind I will putt it here.
Zbrush has many to offer but is it difficult to understand?? I am a real nitwit.....

Gemsetterchris

Elite Cafe Member
Hi Willem, "Sculptris" is the free version.
It can be highly complicated which scares people off, however there are loads of tutorials available & you just have to keep it simple & experiment.
I`m also in the nitwit category when it comes to technical stuff.

Sam

Chief Administrator & Benevolent Dictator
Staff member
Nice job, Chris. Learning Zbrush is on my list of things I want to do. Not sure when I'll have time to get to it, but you've inspired me to try.

GTJC460

~ Elite 1000 Member ~
Nice work. I do a ton of cad/cam work both retail and for the trade.

I use Artcam and Rhino/matrix. Just started to play with sculptris. I looked at z brush before but thought it was way to complicated for my needs. I'm really liking sculptris. It's very easy and extremely intuitive especially with the pen tablet.

Nice work as your first cad/cam piece.

Sponsors