Cafe Member Interviews

Sam

Chief Administrator & Benevolent Dictator
Staff member
Soon, I will post one interview per week of a Cafe member. We have a diverse group of people, and Abigail has helped me compile a list of questions which should make interesting interviews. I will be choosing members, and if there's someone you'd like to see interviewed, please submit a name or names to me privately. If you're asked to be interviewed and there's a question or questions you'd rather not answer, then that's ok. I'm hoping this will be fun and informative, and as always, I'm open to comments and ideas.

Cheers / ~Sam

Jim Small

Sam
What a great idea….the interviews with site members. I did much the same thing on the Knife Network as a part of the Embellishment Forum. Tim Adlam and I are the administrators and love the response that we have over there. Your Engraver’s Café is great and is sure to be a big success….if not already. Anne (wife) will tell you I spend 90% of my time on the computer each evening answering questions. I don’t know if Abigail mentioned this in her thread or not, but it needs to be added. Thanks for the great information and the very informative tutorials….most of all thanks for passing it on.
Jim

Sam

Chief Administrator & Benevolent Dictator
Staff member
Hi Jim. I wasn't aware that you had done interviews on knifenetwork. I thought I stole the idea from one of my favorite photography forums!

Thanks for your kind words about the site, and I agree with Scott on your way cool avatar! / ~Sam

Don Cowles

Elite Cafe Member
Scott, I'll speak for Jim Small- my son Dave did both my avatar and Jim's. He's a pretty creative guy. He also did the characature of David Darom in his second and third custom knife books.

Abigail

Administrator
Sam
Your Engraver’s Café is great and is sure to be a big success….if not already. Anne (wife) will tell you I spend 90% of my time on the computer each evening answering questions. I don’t know if Abigail mentioned this in her thread or not, but it needs to be added. it on.
Jim

Hi Jim,
YES, I should have added that one. Sam is on the computer ALOT when he is not engraving. Our computers are side-by-side and sometimes I just email him when I need to get his attention! I wonder how many other engravers are also 'computer nerds'. On the same note, I wonder how many engraver's wives are computer nerds as well.
Now that I think about it, he may be on the computer so much because he has to monitor my posts and threads just to be sure I stay in line. LOL
Abigail

Glenn

Elite Cafe Member
John B. would be a great interview. Others that may be good interviews could be:
Eric Gold, Sam Welch, Mike Dubber, Chris DeCamillus, Bob Evans, (A Great One) Sam Alfano, Lee Griffith, Ron Smith, John Banovich just to name a few.:eek:

William Grubb

Elite Cafe Member
Sam,
I think your interview idea will benefit everyone visiting this site ,and I'm looking foward to viewing it.Maybe if you post who you are going to interview in advanced some of the members could post specific questions to ask ,just a thought.

Latest posts

Sponsors