Can you find your work?

JohnC

These Winchesters were all done for me over the last 20 years. I think all engravers are FEGA members. Completion dates were 2003, 2008, 2013 & 2018

more clues later

Attachments

• winchester display (2).jpg
    winchester display (2).jpg
    125.8 KB · Views: 93

JohnC

Have I mentioned that when I was working I didn't have time for engraving. The books I have read all encouraged to look at real study pieces. I have been to gun shows and looked at engraved guns. Only problem is you see them once and never again. One of the takeaways was to help budding engravers by paying commissions to them as they are perfecting their skills. The Winchesters in the photo represent the "steps" process of upgrading your guns. The top three guns are 9422m, 9422m trapper and 9417 the stocks of all three were purchased "New Old Stock" from the Winchester Custom Shop shortly before the New Haven Factory was closed.

JohnC

The bottom gun filled a long time wish. In 2003 I sent a new 9410 Winchester to their custom shop at the factory in New Haven, Ct.

Leslie Dengler was the shop manager at that time. I asked her for their grade 1 coverage. Since this was a first year production gun of their .410 shotgun in a lever action (9410) I asked her if the game scene could be a squirrel or a rabbit instead of the typical deer. At that time Winchester was subletting engraving to Baron's Engraving. I was so happy with the finished gun with its squirrel scene. I planned to have a second 9410 done with a rabbit scene. Sadly before I had enough money saved, the Factory in New Haven was closed. The engravers name is...

stay tuned for more later.

Latest posts

Sponsors