collectors look here

Christopher Malouf

~ Elite 1000 Member ~
5mi from the nearest Dunkin Donuts in Tennessee
Yeah Monk ... you pasted the link incorrectly but I was watching the item.

Just racked it up to $400 bucks for fun. Don't know who the highest bidder is but I did take great pleasure in pushing his/her maximum bid up ..... just stopping under the next whole number at $399.00 .... hehehehe. If I can't have it, someone else is going to certainly have to earn it.

Sure is a great piece of engraved Americana ... looking forward to seeing where it ends up.

monk

Staff member
::::Pledge Member::::
well, chris- who better to skrew things up ? i am known as the digital dork, you know. sad, most bidding on that probably have no idea of its' real significance. some dirty bird got the mckenzie buckle, some nother one will no doubt get this.

jlseymour

Elite Cafe Member
Monk I made the Mckenzie buckle an offer of $580 and he just emailed me he would take $650...
Jerry

Kevin Scott

Elite Cafe Member
Bergling plate

I think the bidders on the Bergling do understand and appreciate it. People in the Caligraphy world might also be bidding. I like it very much but won't be bidding. Kevin Scott

Kevin Scott

Elite Cafe Member
I also contacted the seller of the McKenzie after it did not sell. He said he was holding firm at $750. If I bought it I would remove the gold emblem that is rivetted on since I don't think McKenzie had anything to do with that, plus I think it is ugly. I bought the sellers bolo tie with the same emblem and a wreath so I know the gold value of the emblem (not including the wreath that also came on the bolo tie) is over $400. It has a good 14K stamp and a makers mark. I buy alot of gold for melt (see "elephant thread") and would buy the buckle with confidence about the emblem.
I am posting this info instead of using the info as a way to thank the helpful members here. Hopefully a deserving person will get it. Kevin Scott

Kevin Scott

Elite Cafe Member
Bergling and McKenzie

So did a forum member end up with the plate? Sold for $643. What about the Mckenzie buckle? At $650 it seems real cheap after you remove the gold emblem and sell the gold. Plus that aligator belt must be expensive to buy. Maybe resell that on Ebay and just end up with what McKenzie did. Kevin Scott

Latest posts

Sponsors