Common Gravers for scroll engraving

Mohammad

Dear Professionals;
Kindly list the most common types of gravers being used for scroll engraving; considering the one-inch width of the sketch.

monk

Staff member
::::Pledge Member::::
mohammed: i think you'll find a variety of answers to your question. anywhere from 90 to 120. face-- 40 to 50 degrees. heels from 15 to 20 degrees. all will depend on the material you are cutting. in time, your preference will become what works best in your hand. practice and experience will eventually lead you to the final answer.

Mohammad

mohammed: i think you'll find a variety of answers to your question. anywhere from 90 to 120. face-- 40 to 50 degrees. heels from 15 to 20 degrees. all will depend on the material you are cutting. in time, your preference will become what works best in your hand. practice and experience will eventually lead you to the final answer.
Dear Mr. Monk, you are right as preferences do a lot with personnel and each person has different capabilities and hand pressures. I will take your advice seriously for the job that is "Practice". Thanks much.

Big-Un

~ Elite 1000 Member ~
I have "fat" hands and use a higher heel geometry so my fingers will clear the workpiece.

monk

Staff member
::::Pledge Member::::
I have "fat" hands and use a higher heel geometry so my fingers will clear the workpiece.
well, there ya go. one size does not fit all. one must xperiment to find what works best in their particular situation. fast answers seldom work in a newbs favor. many want instant results. we all know that's just a dream.

Latest posts

Sponsors