Compressor

DKanger

~ Elite 1000 Member ~
I just finished re-roofing my house and had a store credit at Home Depot for some shingles I returned. I had been looking around the web for various compressors to buy and one was the Porter-Cable model C2005. It's oiless with a 6 gallon tank, 150 psi with 3.4 cfm. Weighs 34 lbs.

I drove into town to pick up a new garbage disposer that went on the fritz and asked if they had any of the compressors in stock. Voila!! They were on sale for $94, so I bought one. If you need a compressor, I suggest you run up to your local store and see if they've got them on sale also, as it was a "while supplies last" deal.

Haven't used it yet. Will report on performance when I get it hooked up, but seems like it will do the job.

DKanger

~ Elite 1000 Member ~
Is it reasonably quiet?
That's kinda subjective but I'd say it's not real quiet. Maybe on the same level as a gas powered weed whacker. I'll have to take it apart later and see if I can modify the exhaust muffler on it. I'm sure it can be silenced down a bit, but it's way quieter than my big 5hp Ingersol. It also has a built in adjustable regulator and two outlets. Just re-read the spec sheet again.....it's 3.7 cfm at 40 psi and 2.6 at 90. I'll probably set it up out in shop and run a line into my studio once I get it arranged. I've got everything set up on a reloading bench in the shop for now.

These things are made for running air nailers and such "outside." Every one of its type that I've heard pretty much all sound the same.

Latest posts

Sponsors