Conversion of standard handpieces and GRS GraverMax to use AT palm control

AllenClapp

:::Pledge Member:::
::::Pledge Member::::
Thread starter #1
I currently use foot control with a GRS GraverMax unit. I may be facing some foot surgery before long and I am very interested in possible upgrading to be able to use palm controls. I would love some feedback on whether I should suck it up and buy a new system or save a lot of money and upgrade the one that I have.
1. Have any of you converted a GraverMax to use palm control by adding the auxiliary unit instead of buying a new Gravermach AT? If so, (a) are you pleased with the results, or (b) do you wish you had sucked it up and bought a new Gravermach AT?
2. Did you also convert your old 901, Monarch, and/or Magnum handpieces to function with AT machines? Again, (a) are you pleased with the results or (b) do you wish you had bought new ones?
3. I had a few minutes to try using the palm control at GRS last year, but never felt comfortable with it--partly because I was in a class and couldn't have someone work with me and give me pointers on how best to hold, etc. (I.e., NOT the fault of GRS) I think I would eventually prefer palm control. I live in Raleigh, NC. If one of you GRS AT users lives within a reasonable driving distance of Raleigh, I would appreciate your allowing me to bring over some gravers and practice plates at your convenience and let you show me how best to use the palm control. I had it set up to get some instruction on it at a GRS class this month, but they have all been cancelled due to the Governor's new Covid-19 restrictions--a real bummer for all.
If you are willing to let me play with your AT unit and share your expertise, please email me (Allen Clapp) about Question 3 at alc@ClappArtStudios.com, so we don't tie up the forum. I am sure others may be interested in answers to Questions 1 and 2, so responses to those questions would be appropriate here.
I look forward to your insights

wdale.bass

Allan, I added the Air Tac unit to my Flat top Graver Max & it works fine. You do have to get the conversion kits for your handpieces but you can switch back & forth with no problems. I think the cost is negligible compared to purchasing a new unit & then having to sell the ‘Old’ unit

AllenClapp

Thread starter #4
Allan, I added the Air Tac unit to my Flat top Graver Max & it works fine. You do have to get the conversion kits for your handpieces but you can switch back & forth with no problems. I think the cost is negligible compared to purchasing a new unit & then having to sell the ‘Old’ unit
Thanks, I was hoping that all would be well going that route. I am also trying to figure out if there are enough improvements in the new Gravermach AT units over my older GraverMax that it would make any difference. Good to hear that the conversion system works well.

Latest posts

Sponsors