Cordless Mini Hone

Jeff2t

Not on sale anywhere, It's just an idea I had and 3d printed it.

monk

Staff member
::::Pledge Member::::
i guess tne time has come ! with the printer one can make most anything one can dream up. it's all in learning the "slicing " software as i call it.

pmace

Elite Cafe Member
i guess tne time has come ! with the printer one can make most anything one can dream up. it's all in learning the "slicing " software as i call it.
If you can draw it in Fusion 360 you can print darn near anything. I want to try one of those resin printers that print with uv cure resin rather than plastic filament. The detail you can get is amazing.

monk

Staff member
::::Pledge Member::::
If you can draw it in Fusion 360 you can print darn near anything. I want to try one of those resin printers that print with uv cure resin rather than plastic filament. The detail you can get is amazing.
a friend creates stuff that is difficult to believe. that is until you get it in yer hand. not sure of the software he uses. there's a site that has the software solution for an amazing aray of items already created. just waitin for download. i have been thinkin of buyin one of the printers just to play with. i'm thinkin a lot of fixtures could be done this way for engravers and their unique needs.

pmace

Elite Cafe Member
It won’t be long before the jewelry industry is all digital with ”lost resin” casting instead of lost wax. The key part (and the hard part for us of a certain age) is learning how to create an object digitally. 3D modeling just hurts my brain.

Jeff2t

That is a cool way to make use of efficiently combining templates, I like it.
Yeah, it works well, it saves precious seconds in the sharpening process that can be used on more pleasurable activities like drinking coffee. You can also store them together so you're not searching for the matching pair.

Sinterklaas

Elite Cafe Member
Considerably less involved than the OP's hone, but still potentially useful - https://www.thingiverse.com/thing:4832009

I'm not sure about things going completely digital - there's still a huge difference between carving a piece of wax and sculpting a 3D object on a 2D screen (or even with VR).
HA I have made something very similar. I have the same shape centers/pilars. But I have them in 2 rows. And have the back plate slightly angled. Then I used special double sided tape to stick em to by bench's backboard.

PS_Bond

Elite Cafe Member
HA I have made something very similar. I have the same shape centers/pilars. But I have them in 2 rows. And have the back plate slightly angled. Then I used special double sided tape to stick em to by bench's backboard.
That's the joy of this stuff - if something isn't quite right for what you want, you can redo it until it is. These are being used in stone setting classes near me, so they sit on the benches in sets.