Critiques/comments

thughes

:::Pledge Member:::
::::Pledge Member::::
Hi ya'll,
Well, some of you folks have been kind enough to look at some of my drawing attempts over the last year or so and have given me some great help. I've finally got my shop together and I've been practicing. Here is a 2"x4" practice plate I drew up and cut. I guess this was my 4th or 5th plate.

Let me know what you think. I know there are lots of mistakes in design and cutting, but hey, that's why it's a practice plate. I apologize in advance for the crappy photo. I just can't seen to do any better with my cheapo digital camera, but then, my work doesn't warrant any serious photo effort.

Attachments

• Sevierville sinkholes, Dec 2011 083.jpg
    Sevierville sinkholes, Dec 2011 083.jpg
    25.2 KB · Views: 138
  • Sevierville sinkholes, Dec 2011 084.jpg
    Sevierville sinkholes, Dec 2011 084.jpg
    33.3 KB · Views: 155

Andrew Biggs

Hi Todd

Looking good...............you've come a long way!!!!

It's time now for you to take it to the next stage. A few shaped practice plates like key rings/pendants etc that someone like GRS sells. They are great wee projects to work on and will raise and expand your skills even further.

Keep it up...........you're doing well :)

Cheers
Andrew

mitch

~ Elite 1000 Member ~
other than suggesting you put a little detail in the centers of your scrolls (they look big, blank, & lifeless/2-dimensional without some sort of shading or other treatment), everything looks very nice!

thughes

:::Pledge Member:::
::::Pledge Member::::
Thanks for the feedback guys, I greatly appreciate your time and effort to look and reply. Match, I see what you mean about the heads of the scrolls, I'll work on that.

Thanks again.

Latest posts

Sponsors