Darken background

tdelewis

Elite Cafe Member
I use flat black Rustolium like most to darken background, but I know some also use printers ink. I have searched and found that Speedball makes printers ink in small tubes. 1627138500138.png Is any one using this ink to darken background and is it durable?

John B.

:::Pledge Member:::
::::Pledge Member::::
I have used Speedball Block Printers Ink for many years. Number 3550, Black Oil-Based Ink.
And as long as it is allowed to dry and not absolutely immersed in acetone and then hit with a metal brush, it is very durable.
There are different formula's of Speedball. The only one I recommend is #3550 Oil-Based.
YRMV.

Last edited:

FANCYGUN

~ Elite 1000 Member ~
John is correct I have used the speedball ink for years. Just make sure it is the oil base version NOT water based
i have also rubbed in a lityle was into the ink at times

tdelewis

Elite Cafe Member
The picture that I posted is 3450 oil based ink. It is not the same I guess. Perhaps the different number refers to the container size. Usually printers ink used in presses comes in large amounts in a can. When is saw this in a tube I thought it would be a much cleaner and neater way to store and use it. I think I will try the 3450 ink just to see what the outcome is.

Latest posts

Sponsors