Deep relief Engraving

M

mcrapo

Well I have been working on my first Deep relief engraving in a stainless steel knife. Man that is some hard stuff. Seems like I am having to sharpen my tools every 5 to 10 minutes.

Question: Who does everyone use to get into the small parts of the spiral? The more I go in, the harder it is getting.

Also what does people use to straighten the sides of the relief? Been using a 60 degree graver, seems to be working but needs sharpening a lot.

Wish I have a microscope for these old eyes. They just don't see as good as they use to.

thanks for the help
Mike

Raul Hinz

Hi Mike
I cut stainless in dip relief and I cut shallow cuts and deeper cuts don't get in a harry my toll is90with 55 face 15 hill

monk

Staff member
::::Pledge Member::::
lord, lord, lord, everybody wants to climb everest and gripe about the cold ! stainless , the type you may be working just may be one of the alloys that doesn't like to be engraved. i know not of your level of experience, but it's best to work gradually up to the difficult stuff. let your gradually increasing levels of skill and experience take you to the tough stuff . jm2cw ..

Latest posts

Sponsors