Design for a Titanium engagement ring

ken dixon

Elite Cafe Member
Arnaud,

That is a beautiful ring. Could you tell me how it is constructed, I understand it is Ti condition 1 but do you turn it on a lathe or is it cut from flat sheet, bent into a circle and soldered together?

Thanks Ken

eastslope

~ Elite 1000 Member ~
Arnaud, that is a beautiful ring and I am happy you posted it. Your work is always great to look at. I do have one question, why Ti and not gold or silver? Titanium is such a workhorse and not a material that one would think of as precious. I guess I need some education on this. Either way, terrific job!

Gemsetterchris

Elite Cafe Member
That came out great Arnaud :)
I just knocked up a quick example of how i would have tackled the setting style.

Not better but just another way.

Arnaud Van Tilburgh

~ Elite 1000 Member ~
Thank you all for looking at my work.

Ken, most of the tie I make Ti rings with Ti sheets, bend them and welding.
In this case I have used a ring that way turned on a lathe.

Eastlope, I like the Ti very much, most work for jewelery I do in Titanium. It is much harder than silver or gold but quite easy to engrave.
Silver is to soft in my opinion to engrave such a small fragile design, the Ti will hold it much longer.
Also because almost no one uses Ti to engrave on, that is why it is more special and sells better.

arnaud

Arnaud Van Tilburgh

~ Elite 1000 Member ~
Chris, I see how you would do the setting. I just learned stone setting by myself like all the rest. And like all, everyone is doing it his own way.
The way I did the stone setting is the best I could do it on Titanium, and sure my stones will not drop for a 100 years.

arnaud

Gemsetterchris

Elite Cafe Member
Chris, I see how you would do the setting. I just learned stone setting by myself like all the rest. And like all, everyone is doing it his own way.
The way I did the stone setting is the best I could do it on Titanium, and sure my stones will not drop for a 100 years.

arnaud

There are only 3 basic stone setting techniques, all the variations come by combining them somehow.
So long as it looks nice & the stones are undamaged and secure for a long time thats all that matters.

Latest posts

Sponsors