Designs with Adobe Illustrator

SarahLadd

I thought I would post a couple of my vector designs that I have made using Adobe Illustrator. I am a classically trained artist, I can draw and paint very well, but the engineer side of me is also very particular and satisfied by perfection. Illustrator enables me to get that "perfect" scroll, with all the handles I need to make any adjustment to any stroke. Stroke width too narrow? Not the stroke I want? Want a fill? No fill? I can adjust all these infinitely. I can copy and transform any complete scroll element and incorporate it into a new design. And, all of these art assets are usable for high resolution print media: vectors don't lose data when sized up or down, making them perfect for use on business cards, banners, stickers, certificates, whatever you want your art printed on. I struggled to enjoy the iPad and procreate and the price was hard for me to swallow for both the item and the software. I actually enjoy using my mouse for this process despite having a Wacom tablet. Illustrator has a bit of a learning curve but their built in tutorials were easy to use and taught me everything I needed to know to make designs for engraving.

Thanks for looking.

Attachments

• JMitchell_Design1.jpg
    JMitchell_Design1.jpg
    71.4 KB · Views: 49
  • JLB_Design4.jpg
    JLB_Design4.jpg
    90.5 KB · Views: 53
  • JLB_Design7.jpg
    JLB_Design7.jpg
    94.8 KB · Views: 50
  • deathofcleopatra3.jpg