Drawing scrolls with CorelDRAW by Leonardo

Leonardo

Elite Cafe Member
Hi all!

First, I would like to said that I do not want to start a software war but I saw some interest in the CAD’s program in the last threads and specially in the Marcus Hunt thread where we talk a bit about Illustrator and CorelDraw.
Today I was quite disappointed (with the economic crisis) and decided leave the daily jobs aside and spend some time playing with Corel drawing scrolls to share with you all.

I do not know how many scrolls rules I have broken so I beg that you scroll purist be so kind to excuse my mistakes :eek:. The goal is to draw the scrolls directly in the computer using the spiral function available in CorelDraw.

So, here we go…

I have uploaded a sequence of screenshots to overcome the language barrier so do not look at the Spanish words, the icons are self explained and valid worldwide.
The only thing I think would be more explanation is that there are two kind of spirals, one is symmetrical and the other is logarithmic. For the scroll drawing purpose I found the 3 turns logarithmic spiral as the best option, anyway you can try other configurations as well as varying the logarithmic factor and see the results.

I hope this little tutorial will encourage you to do some drawing with this great software tool.:)

Cheers, Leonardo.

Attachments

• Scroll_0.jpg
    Scroll_0.jpg
    168.6 KB · Views: 561
  • Scroll_1.jpg
    Scroll_1.jpg
    178.9 KB · Views: 522
  • Scroll_2.jpg
    Scroll_2.jpg
    177.1 KB · Views: 498
  • Scroll_3.jpg