Enamel snake

Montejano

Elite Cafe Member
Hello friends:
Continuing with some work I had in mind, here is a mini series of only 3 pieces glazed.
The Cutlery Museum of Albacete (Spain) one of my pieces that are there (a knife), is made with a very nice snake color (I think I showed the knife in this forum).
I always liked that part a lot and in fact I made ​​a series of only 3 blades with the same design.
I present this work that is refined and the photos do not do justice to the enamel on your hands. It is an engraving of some difficulty and mastery of areas as small nail.

The snake has recorded originally in a height of 11 mm (half inch), so when you see the pictures you can see that is greatly increased with the camera and still looks great, which means that the eye of a person snake is beautiful naturally.
It is a style enamelled "champlevé" and two-component enamel jewelry, giving it a special glow and different qualities ..... more normal enamel hardness, resistance to acids, etc. .....
I show you some pictures of the finished blade.

Antonio

---------------------

---------------------

-----------------

--------------

Sam

Chief Administrator & Benevolent Dictator
Staff member
Beautifully and precisely done, and you handled the colors quite well. Bravo, Montejano! :clapping:

Montejano

Elite Cafe Member
Friend Sam:
Thanks for the words.
The enamel when you have hands, we see much more beautiful and colorful than the photos ... more natural and elegant.:biggrin:

Montejano

katia

Ola!
wonderful work!
I have a question for you though. I was wondering if you used cold enamel rather than the one that must be fired on a kiln.
Regards.

Montejano

Elite Cafe Member
A snake is a difficult subject, and you made it look great!

Friend Barry, comments and words are always welcome.:biggrin:
You are an exceptional master engraver. His engravings burin are of the highest quality I've ever seen. You are one of the great masters.:clapping::clapping:

My respect and my affection

Montejano

Montejano

Elite Cafe Member
Hello katia
I use two component cold enamel. This glaze is used in jewelry.
The difficulty there is one color when applied over other colors to create shading of color. The glaze is a time of application and it is important to have some practice.

The use of enamel although not very complicated, but it's true expertise is needed in this type of enamel.
The end result is very good and natural light glazes are of great beauty.;)

a greeting

Montejano

katia

Hi Montejano,

Thanks very much for your answer. I am sure that you are indeed using the enamel in a masterful way.
The cloisonne technique is one of my favourites along with the plique-a-jour.
Regards.

Latest posts

Sponsors