Announcement: English fine scroll book and DVD updates

Marcus Hunt

~ Elite 1000 Member ~
Thanks first of all to all of you who have expressed an interest in my English scroll book an dvd. Unfortunately this project has taken way too long but I'm finally starting to see light at the end of the tunnel. I'm hoping to close things with the folks at GRS any day now.

In the meantime I am making necessary edits and some additions to my original manuscript whilst I wait for the DVD master to get to me.

Although the book is very descriptive it will probably work best in tandem with the DVD as you can see what I'm describing in the book actually taking place as I cut on screen. Because of this I'd rather sell the book and DVD together as a set rather than separately. What do you guys think of that or would you rather have the option to buy separately?

Some of you have already expressed a wish to purchase but I'm going to have to get these printed and copied so if you could please let me know once again on this thread or by pm if you're interested so I can order the right amount. I was initially thinking of a run of 50 copies but if a hundred of you want them there might be some disappointments. So some idea of numbers would be appreciated for the initial run.

I'm not promising anything yet but I'm hoping that I'm going to be able to make up some sets of castings of some of Harry Kell's sample plates for sale as study pieces. The guys who studied under my father at the Grand Masters class already have these but for the rest of you this will be an incredibly rare opportunity to study some of the work of one of the foremost English gun engravers of the first half of the 20th century.

Last edited:

zzcutter

Elite Cafe Member
I too would take the set and thats how I would sell them. Thanks for your efforts to help increase our knowledge.

Fred Bowen

Elite Cafe Member
I'm definitely in for a set. I have waited since the class for this as others have I'm sure.

Marcus, if "up front" money is needed to get you started, I would like to pay in advance (and maybe a little extra).

Fred

bigransom

Elite Cafe Member
I definitely want a set. I'll pre-order if it helps for the initial run. Just post when it's ready to order.

Sometimes less is more when it comes to options; I'd sell only as a set - IMO.
br.

Last edited:

Latest posts

Sponsors