English scroll

tdelewis

Elite Cafe Member
Is there a special graver geometry for cutting English scroll? I have made some poor attempts. I don't seem to produce satisfactory results.

The dark areas between the scrolls are too small to be made by removing the background with a flat. The background must be removed when cutting the scroll. I use mostly a 105 an sometimes a 120. I have also notices that many of the images of engraving that I have look at have few examples of English scroll. This suggests to me that it must be difficult.

Are there any suggestions for practice patterns?

Bandida8

Is there a special graver geometry for cutting English scroll? I have made some poor attempts. I don't seem to produce satisfactory results.

The dark areas between the scrolls are too small to be made by removing the background with a flat. The background must be removed when cutting the scroll. I use mostly a 105 an sometimes a 120. I have also notices that many of the images of engraving that I have look at have few examples of English scroll. This suggests to me that it must be difficult.

Are there any suggestions for practice patterns?
Wes Griffin at Texas Engraving School has several online videos that you can buy and watch. They have really good information.
www.engravingclasses.com

Diane

Latest posts

Sponsors