Engraved damasteel knife

vilts

Elite Cafe Member
This knife has been long time in the making, but today I finally finished the engraving too. Knife itself was ready more than a month ago.

As I really liked how the damasteel (Swedish stainless damascus) turned out, I put on it engraving that's worth more than I got paid, but I couldn't help myself. That kind of blade needed just exactly that kind of engraving.

Next time, when I'll finish even more decent blade, I'll use gold inlays, honestly. Or sculpting... Or both :)

As always, comments, suggestions and critique are more than welcome.

Thanks!

Attachments

• damasteel_full.jpg
    damasteel_full.jpg
    87.4 KB · Views: 208
  • damasteel_engraving.jpg
    damasteel_engraving.jpg
    191.4 KB · Views: 255

Sam

Chief Administrator & Benevolent Dictator
Staff member
Vilts, you're getting better and better with each engraving. It's been very enjoyable watching your progress. This job shows solid design skills and graver control. Very nice job, congratulations! :beerchug: :thumbs up:

eastslope

~ Elite 1000 Member ~
Very nice! It would have been very tempting to cut on the handle pins too. Thanks for showing, Seth

vilts

Elite Cafe Member
Vilts, you're getting better and better with each engraving. It's been very enjoyable watching your progress. This job shows solid design skills and graver control. Very nice job, congratulations! :beerchug: :thumbs up:

Thank you, Sam. Engraving is getting more and more enjoyable for me too. There's an itch in me to create things of beauty and when I sort of succeed in that, it's so good feeling... What ruins this feeling the need for perfection, which seems at times so unattainable.

Very nice! It would have been very tempting to cut on the handle pins too. Thanks for showing, Seth

I could resist that temptation, because of the deadline :)

The only problem I see is you will not be sending it to me....:)

I still have that damasteel left for 4-5 more knives, I could make you one ;)

jlseymour

Elite Cafe Member
V you are getting very good...
Nice looking knife and the shading is very fine...
Seeya at Scotts...
Jerry

monk

Staff member
::::Pledge Member::::
that looks great. i not only like the engraving, i like to see some background so the work is not so crowded. really nice.