Engraving Standing Up Using GRS Palm Control To Help With Back Problems

Steece

Hello All,

I regret not posting or spending much time on the forum. Business being as hectic as it is makes it difficult to find the time.

I have engraved 15 years serving the retail jewelry trade sitting down using GRS foot control equipment. Recently it was discovered I have some slightly bulging discs in my lower back. My doctor said it would be better for my back if I worked standing up instead of sitting. I do not have a debilitating situation at this point but want to do what I can to keep it from turning into a problem.

I know hammer and chisel engravers often engrave standing up but I am not aware of anyone using a GRS machine in a standing position. It is possible to retrofit my GraverMach with palm control so in theory I could work standing up. Does anyone on the forum have experience hand engraving, using palm control equipment, standing instead of sitting down?

FANCYGUN

~ Elite 1000 Member ~
I have a bad back and what I like about the palm control is I can sit anyway I find comfortable while engraving as I dont have to reach to utilize a foot throttle.
So can you use it standing up? YES while I am usually sitting I have used it while standing at my tall/standing vice with no problem

Sam

Chief Administrator & Benevolent Dictator
Staff member
Yes you can stand up and engrave just fine with GRS Airtact palm actuated handpieces.

JJ Roberts

:::Pledge Member:::
::::Pledge Member::::
I've been standing for years while engraving the back bone of the scrolls so I don't get flats and elbows and better control standing over the work also if you use H&C which I teach while standing at a pedestal you'll have good control while standing and walking around the pedestal no back problems. J.J.

Last edited:

Steece

Gentlemen, thank you for taking the time to reply. I am sure it will take a bit of getting use to but it seems long term I should move to standing up. The retrofit is $900 so I wanted some real life confirmation before I made the leap.
Thanks again!
Steece

Latest posts

Sponsors