FEGA Reno 2011 Hora's Photo's

Hora

Elite Cafe Member
I am just at home from Reno. All flights were as planned. Little bid bumpy here and there but a slept well in the plane as I had a row to my self.

I want to thank you all you who were there for making this weekend unforgettable for me.:tiphat:

As Rod Cameron promised in his thread I have uploaded my pictures straight away as soon as I was home. You can check it out at: http://picasaweb.google.com/hora.siertsema
Most are without flash so some are not top quality. Hope you like it.

You can find the thread of Rod here: http://www.igraver.com/forum/showthread.php?t=9111

Have fun.

Peter E

~ Elite 1000 Member ~
VERY nice pictures Hora! It was a pleasure watching them in a "slideshow".

Thanks for the link:thumbs up:

JohnR

Elite Cafe Member
Very nice pictures Hora. Can you or anyone tell me the name of the gentleman that you have your hand on his left shoulder (63rd picture, your in a tie and all white dress shirt). Thanks....JohnR

Doc Mark

~ Elite 1000 Member ~
JohnR, that is the incomparable, talented, Gentleman (in the truest sense of the word), John Barraclough! I have had the honor to call him my friend for the past five years, ever since I started engraving. He was the first man to welcome me to Reno 4 years ago (we had corresponded via the Forums before meeting in person). Even though I was a raw beginner, he always treated me as "full member" of the vast family of engravers that he has known over his illustrious lifetime. You will never meet a kinder, more giving teacher!

p.s. You can find more about him and his engraving in Rodger's new book "American Engravers-The 21st Century"

JohnR

Elite Cafe Member
Thank you Mark & Gary. This was my first time attending and I am also just starting out engraving firearms. He was the first person I talked to, shook hands with and introduced myself to him as a student firearms engraver while carrying my Ron Smith scroll book. He was an absolute delight to talk to and so knowledgable that I pulled out my 1911 engraved slide and asked politely if he could criteque my engraving. His eyes & face lit up as to say, give me, give me! He said he'd give me his honest criteque and to not be offended by his findings, but use them to improve. Needless to say he gave me excellent advise and instructions that I will always remember. Thanks very much John B. JohnR

Roger Bleile

~ Elite 1000 Member ~
Hora,

I'm glad to hear you made it back home without incident. Thanks for the pictures.

It was a real pleasure to meet you and learn a little about the scene in Holland. The fact that you and others are willing to travel such long distances to participate is a testament to the quality of the show.

Cheers,

Roger

Sam

Chief Administrator & Benevolent Dictator
Staff member
Thanks for posting your photos, Hora. Abigail and I really enjoyed getting to know you and look forward to seeing you again :)

Hora

Elite Cafe Member
Roger, Sam,

The pleasure was all mine. The show, the people, the engraving, the seminars, the gala banquet, the book and the signing of it by all of you and the fun together, just a great week.

JohnR

John, . . . I mean Mr. Barraclough, was more than nice to me. Together with Ray, . . . that is Mr. Phillips, we had more than a very good time. Those 2 together are more than a hand full I've learned now. Their stories, experiences, humour, skills and works are wonderfull and they're fun to be with.

eastslope

~ Elite 1000 Member ~
Terrific pics, and it makes me wish I was there even more! Nobody mentioned that Adam Corolla was going to be there. I am sure happy for all of you that went and had a good time. Maybe some year!

John B.

Lifetime Pledge Member
::::Pledge Member::::
Hora,
It was a great pleasure meeting you in person and sitting with you at the banquet.
You are such fun to be around.
Thank you for posting your great photos, it's almost as good as a return visit with dear friends for another weekend.
Great that your flights got you home on time. Freiend Ray and a lot of other are still trying to make their way home.
Hope you can make the trip next year and many more after that.
Very best regards.

John B.

Lifetime Pledge Member
::::Pledge Member::::
Doc Mark and John R.
Thank you for the kind words and thoughts.
At least I have a couple of people fooled!
PS. The checks are in the mail.
Best.

rod

~ Elite 1000 Member ~
Hora,

You were darn good company, as always, and thank you for coming all the way to Reno!

Your slideshow fills in many gaps in mine, so together we conquer! You have caught well the human side of Reno as well as some nice work shots, well done!

I just posted 321 photos here:

http://picasaweb.google.com/rodcameron2/

Warning:

They are not in order, but I will put them in order tomorrow...it is after midnight!

I note Hora has posted his slide show, and it will be good!

I confess to covering heavily Lee's masterpiece, as it is an unusual one, and also Mike Dubber's fine work. I ran out of time and apologize for the photos not being fairly distributed, but did my best. They will be easier to follow when I put them in order.

It will be fun to view the photos of others, and I hope to write a word or two in the next few days.

Rod

Hora

Elite Cafe Member
Cathrine and to all others who have been strugling to get home.

I hope you have found your way and are stuck at some starbucks checking out the forum.

It has been great with all of you!

Sponsors