Filigreed & Engraved Headstall Set

cowboy_silversmith

Elite Cafe Member
A project I just completed this afternoon. Sterling Silver 5/8" Headstall Buckle Set and Concho. Thnk you for looking and hope you enjoyed...

qndrgnsdd

Elite Cafe Member
Fabulous job! Very clean nice balance...however that is not filigree, it is pierced work. Filigree is made from tiny wires..

Roger Bleile

~ Elite 1000 Member ~
Greg,

Your design, fabrication, and engraving are all exceptional.:clapping:

Will this actually be worn by a horse or end up on display in some wealthy rancher's tack room?

Regards,

Roger

cowboy_silversmith

Elite Cafe Member
Fabulous job! Very clean nice balance...however that is not filigree, it is pierced work. Filigree is made from tiny wires..

@qndrgnsdd... Thank you for the compliment...much appreciated. I am acquainted with the definition of filigree as you have noted. However, for years, cowboy culture has defined this type of pierce work as filigreed. Who am I to buck tradition...

cowboy_silversmith

Elite Cafe Member
Greg,

Your design, fabrication, and engraving are all exceptional.:clapping:

Will this actually be worn by a horse or end up on display in some wealthy rancher's tack room?

Regards,

Roger

Roger, thank you for the wonderful compliment! There is a matching set to this one and can be seen at an AQHA show near you! ;)

rod

~ Elite 1000 Member ~
Greg,

You never fail to hit a home run, and always inspiring! If you ain't going over the hill to Reno Fega in January, maybe I could stop by for a coffee and see you on my way? If I drive route 20, it could work. I will drop you a line nearer to January, and see how you are?

best

Rod

Latest posts

Sponsors