Critique Request First Bulino Attempt

Nette

This is my first attempt at Bulino. I welcome any criticism, help, advice, guidance... I'm new to this, so be kind, please!

Attachments

• bulino-beagle.jpg
    bulino-beagle.jpg
    80.3 KB · Views: 235

monk

Staff member
::::Pledge Member::::
for a first, i think that's darned good. i'd say the shading under the chin could stand a bit of touchup. would be more natural looking.

speeedy6

Elite Cafe Member
Looks like a good first attempt. When I do Bulino work, since I'm not a portrait artist, actually not an artist at all. I like to use a transfer to get the sizes and positions of the eyes ,nose and other features just right. It's done right when you don't even notice the proportions. Different sizes of dots or lines ,heavy or light pressure really helps with shading too.

Nette

You're right, Monk. I just kind of stopped in my tracks. I really didn't plan this out at all, just giving it a try.

Nette

I do need to work on different textures. This was just a quick experiment and wasn't really planned out at all. If I were doing a "keeper" I would definitely be more careful with my layout. Thank you for the feedback!

monk

Staff member
::::Pledge Member::::
You're right, Monk. I just kind of stopped in my tracks. I really didn't plan this out at all, just giving it a try.

since i've never even attempted this style of work, i'm probably least qualified to comment on the work. i think in short order, you'll be quite good at this. just keep at it.

Latest posts

Sponsors