first gun part

Cloudy

~ Elite 1000 Member ~
I talked a friend into trusting me with his shotgun receiver- he's well pleased and I have my first gun part under my belt!

KSnyder

Elite Cafe Member
Cloudy,
for me, the scrolls look overly complicated as in the overlapping ones looks don't seem to flow they seem confused.
I like the owl. just my $.02

Sam

Chief Administrator & Benevolent Dictator
Staff member
A good first effort, Cloudy :) I might have scaled down the scrolls and leaves on the ejector side, but you're off and running. What would you do differently if you were to do it again?

Cloudy

~ Elite 1000 Member ~
Scaled down? As in made smaller with more of them??????
and thanks for the positive reinforcements! (wasn't sure when I started this which side was "up", since I don't know guns and just had this piece- good news is: I guessed right!)

Cloudy

~ Elite 1000 Member ~
I've been thinking about these comments all night- esp. on the right side (and comments on a trapshooting forum match these comments almost exactly) and think I should have split the area into smaller sections as I did with this miter plane.

Onward and upward- this is how I'll get better! Thanks :happyvise:

fegarex

~ Elite 1000 Member ~
Hi Cloudy,
You are coming along well! I have taken one of the photos and made some really quick lines with a Sharpie to give some different ideas on the design. While this isn't perfect the scrolls fill the area better than the large leaves and some tweaking of your other scrolls as well.

Attachments

• model 12 2.jpg
    model 12 2.jpg
    61.9 KB · Views: 55

monk

Staff member
::::Pledge Member::::
looks nice to me. i like the larger style scroll on guns where there's room to use them. ;)

Latest posts

Sponsors