Question: Foredom power graver

dlilazteca

~ Elite 1000 Member ~
Hi Rich. my first graver was the Foredom Power Graver, I did a lot with it actually and the price was right ($300.00 or so). I didn't know at the time that you can't control the speed of the graver; for instance it's always at full speed ahead when you press the pedal, like if your Toyota gas pedal revved the engine to full throttle no matter how little you pressed the petal (how's that for a current events simily?) You can adjust the stroke but the actual engraving is all on or off full bore, no variance inbetween. It got to where I would lay off the pedal all the way as I went around a corner, and would "pump" the pedal in little bits to get slower speeds. To me that's a major drawback in the design. It got me started though so I can't complain, and money was a limiting factor there. IMO you'd be better off saving the money you would spend on the Foredom and wait until you can get a real one from GRS, even keep your eyes on the for sale section in here. I still kept my Foredom in case my GRS ever needs repair but to be honest I don't think I could engrave with it anymore.
Paul

That right there would deter me from buying it, full speed all the time. Hammer and chisel would be way better, and save up to buy a better system.

GunEngraver.com Guns, Knives & More

dogcatcher

Elite Cafe Member
That right there would deter me from buying it, full speed all the time. Hammer and chisel would be way better, and save up to buy a better system.

GunEngraver.com Guns, Knives & More
I am disabled and cannot use a foot controller, and I have the regular Foredom with grinder hand pieces that I use with a table top controller, I can set whatever speed I want. I also tried another person's Foredom Powergraver using my table top controller and it controlled the speed as I set it by my controller. I also had the chance to use the NGraver system with my table top controller it would be my choice, but the Foredom comes out cheaper and is what I will probably buy.

Latest posts

Sponsors