Funny story about our fearless leader...

mitch

~ Elite 1000 Member ~
In about 1987(?) Ed Rice, the organizer of the huge 'Sportsmen's Expos' wanted a few of us to put together a custom gun display at the Denver show. Since i lived there at the time, i was one of those semi-in-charge of organizing things, setting up the booth, etc. For those who haven't been to one, the expos are basically a Cabela's catalog, and then some, come to life. Anything & everything related to hunting & fishing, from bows to boats, outfitters to outboards, you name it. In short, the typical clientele is not what you get at the Guild show...

One of the rifles on display was still 'in the white' and for three days straight we all patiently explained to dozens (hundreds?) of passersby that, no, it isn't stainless steel. By Sunday afternoon we're all tired and a little punchy and a couple kids- maybe 13-14 yrs old- stop and ask what is by that point the entirely predictable question. Without skipping a beat, Sam launches into this dissertation on what a special rifle it is- the receiver is titanium, the barrel is platinum, the mounts are palladium, rhodium bolt, etc. -rattling off every white colored metal known to science.... These kids are oohing & aahing & saying "COOL!" while a couple other guys and I are sitting a few feet behind Sam laughing so freakin' hard we're crying! (i can hardly type this without still cracking up!)

Lee

~ Elite 1000 Member ~
I have always wondered what unique skill Sam had that stole Abby's heart.............now I know. Sam how did you describe your hairdo to her again?

Sam

Chief Administrator & Benevolent Dictator
Staff member
Ok, I guess that was a bit ornery. I honestly don't remember that, but I'll certainly take credit for it! :big grin:

Lee: I played the sympathy card. I told her I was follicularly challenged.

DKanger

~ Elite 1000 Member ~
Sam,
Shame on you for disillusioning the fertile minds of a couple of youngsters. They will probably grow up believing what you told them.....because they heard it from a master.:beat up:

I always save those fabrications for the know-it-alls who are well beyond the age of consent.

Sam

Chief Administrator & Benevolent Dictator
Staff member
Sam,
Shame on you for disillusioning the fertile minds of a couple of youngsters. They will probably grow up believing what you told them.....because they heard it from a master.:beat up:

I always save those fabrications for the know-it-alls who are well beyond the age of consent.

Yes, I'm ashamed. Shows certainly bring out the worst in me!

monk

Staff member
::::Pledge Member::::
SO, what really happened to all your follicules ? follicularitis, maybe ? folliculectomy ? we deserve an answer !

fegarex

~ Elite 1000 Member ~
I heard that you told her you were the "Mr. Clean" guy......

Attachments

• mr clean.jpg
    mr clean.jpg
    3.1 KB · Views: 21

Sponsors