Garage News: DANTE'S INFERNO

Lee

~ Elite 1000 Member ~
The scenes are from Dore's "The Divine Comedy". Some are close to Dore's others I have modified to fit my needs. I'm still not happy with the lady's face on the grip.It looked fine until I blew it up on the computer. In real life it is 5mm/ 3/16 inch. Really difficult to engrave a lady's face that small. Oh well. I will have it at Vegas Just don't know whether it will be done. The scroll is sculpted.

Attachments

• fullsizeoutput_ed8.jpg
    fullsizeoutput_ed8.jpg
    59.5 KB · Views: 505
  • fullsizeoutput_ed5.jpg
    fullsizeoutput_ed5.jpg
    31.7 KB · Views: 500
  • fullsizeoutput_ed9.jpg
    fullsizeoutput_ed9.jpg
    43.6 KB · Views: 502

monk

Staff member
::::Pledge Member::::
looks to be just about fantabulous to me. i feel justified in telling you that your self doubt aint needed here. the work is just spectacular. tyvm for showing

pilkguns

~ Elite 1000 Member ~
I love the theme based scroll !

I remember years ago , (more than a decade ?) counseling an engraver who myself and the other two board members had just turned down for Master status. While there was some interesting art aspects to his engraving there was some technical flaws with some scroll and maybe some inlays. But I remember saying something to the effect that when he got it all figured he would do some really great things. I had no idea at the time just how great and how amazing things would come from the mind and hands of Lee Griffiths over the years but they truly have been.

Lee's work is always something stellar with a fresh look while still being solidly built on the basics foundation.

Last edited:

JJ Roberts

:::Pledge Member:::
::::Pledge Member::::
Lee,Love what you've done so far,but hate those ugly screws holding the grips. J.J.

Sam

Chief Administrator & Benevolent Dictator
Staff member
Lee, it's insanely crazy good! I especially love the grips. Can't wait to see it at FEGA!

Lee

~ Elite 1000 Member ~
A little more progress.

Attachments

• fullsizeoutput_f59.jpg
    fullsizeoutput_f59.jpg
    34.7 KB · Views: 225
  • fullsizeoutput_f57.jpg
    fullsizeoutput_f57.jpg
    71.6 KB · Views: 225