Garage news: mini hagn underway

Lee

:::Pledge Member:::
::::Pledge Member::::
Thread starter #1
I’ve got a good start on this one. Just a tad bit more than a weekend project.

Attachments

Big-Un

~ Elite 1000 Member ~
Another great piece from "THE GARAGE!!!" Your talent in all mediums is really showing. Thanks for the views.

Lee

Thread starter #9
Thank you everyone.

Mitch, Reto Buehler did the stock and metal.

pkroyer

Lee,
This is amazing. What techniques are you using for carving the stock. Rotary tools, woodcarving tools in an engraving handpiece or a combination of tools?

Lee

Thread starter #13
Thank you everyone for the kind comments.

Stock carving is quite fun. I wish it was more popular in America. I do most of the work with simple wood carving tools in a magnum hand piece. A rotary tool works well for background removal especially if one wants go deep or is working a tight area. I also use punches-the same ones I use for metal sculpting- to compress wood fibers for additional shaping. Bottom line......whatever it takes.

pkroyer

Thank you everyone for the kind comments.

Stock carving is quite fun. I wish it was more popular in America. I do most of the work with simple wood carving tools in a magnum hand piece. A rotary tool works well for background removal especially if one wants go deep or is working a tight area. I also use punches-the same ones I use for metal sculpting- to compress wood fibers for additional shaping. Bottom line......whatever it takes.
Thank you for this information.
Phil

Latest posts

Sponsors