Help, please: Going nuts here

henningssom

Elite Cafe Member
Hi y’all!
I am having trouble here.
My knife handle is not wide enough for big scrolls so I have been sketching this long scrolls instead.
This type of scrolls are new to me so I am a bit unsure if I have got it right.
It feels right but have to ask you guys before I start cutting it.:confused:
D50C3E9E-06D2-453A-8565-B6ED1006F789.jpg

mitch

~ Elite 1000 Member ~
long, narrow panels are the bane of every engraver's existence. however, since YOU are making the knives, YOU have the power to design them without long, narrow panels. you only have yourself to blame...

:beatup:

henningssom

Elite Cafe Member
Thanks Jim!
There are so many rules to scrolls, it’s hard to keep track of them all.
The best

henningssom

Elite Cafe Member
long, narrow panels are the bane of every engraver's existence. however, since YOU are making the knives, YOU have the power to design them without long, narrow panels. you only have yourself to blame...

:beatup:
Ha Mitch, I wish it was that easy.

monk

Staff member
::::Pledge Member::::
fwiw-- i think the design is cool in the long format that you show there. was this for a client request, or you just losing your mind ?? either way, good luck

henningssom

Elite Cafe Member
Monk, the knife request if for a client but now I got to come up with a engraving design to fit that long handle. The problem with this one is the different areas, they have to be there because of that new locking mechanism.
353AFC23-5E9A-41E7-88C8-BB69A492F4D5.jpg
Thanks!

davidshe

Elite Cafe Member
Here is a crazy idea.... do a more standard large scroll layout across the whole width of the knife and let the center panel simply divide the artwork. The viewer will have to connect each side in his/her mind to see the whole pattern! Might look cool or might not but perhaps worth a quick sketch to see :)

henningssom

Elite Cafe Member
David,
I have tried that but since the middle section is aprox the same width as the sides it is hard to connect and follow the flow.
Thanks for the idea!

Latest posts

Sponsors