Gold Damascening

Roger Bleile

~ Elite 1000 Member ~
The following link will take you to a Video by Ian McCullom of Forgotten Weapons on YouTube. The video does a good job of explaining the art of Spanish damascening on firearms. I think that most here will find it very informative. I was fortunate to see the display of gold damascened guns, shown in the video, at the Ohio Gun Collectors Assn. meeting in May. FEGA members Brian Powley and Tim George were also there.

At present I am working on an article on Spanish damascene for The Engraver magazine.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4KM7ySNWuqU&t=1149s

Mike_Morgan

Elite Cafe Member
Yeah, that's way above my pay grade and skill level for sure, but it's sure great seeing the examples with such great video quality!

monk

Staff member
::::Pledge Member::::
beyond awesomme ! i was always a fan of conservative engraving on guns. this makes me rethink that. breadcrumbs and oil ! what a combo.tyvm for the link

GTJC460

~ Elite 1000 Member ~
Barry Hands did an excellent demonstration at the FEGA show the last year it was at the Riviera. I believe the video is available for purchase on the guild website.

@Roger...thanks for posting the link to the video

dlilazteca

~ Elite 1000 Member ~
Barry Hands did an excellent demonstration at the FEGA show the last year it was at the Riviera. I believe the video is available for purchase on the guild website.

@Roger...thanks for posting the link to the video
Bert,

Ive seen that ine, Barry stated they used some chemical to remove the negative space, and the video posted here stated they just leave it as is then blue. I think the acid removal would be best.

Sent from my SM-N920T using Tapatalk

Latest posts

Sponsors