Gold On Silver Inlay

William Grubb

Elite Cafe Member
Hi Everybody,

I have designed a necklace that I'm considering making for my wife,and would like some input from people that may have more experience than I have. The base metal is to be silver with gold inlays ,and stones set in both the gold,and silver looks good on paper,but I'm wondering if the contrast between the gold and silver is going to look right .I engraved a stainless
pistol with a gold inlay border ,and just didn't have the right contrast L .Mckinsley in his video suggested to cut a very thin line along the edges
on the gold and fill with black that will make the gold stand out. This necklace will have dogwood flowers in gold with stones set in center I'm thinking of trying to raise the outer edge of the petals to make it more pleasing to the eye. Any suggestion or comments would be welcome.

Thank you in advance

pilkguns

~ Elite 1000 Member ~
you've got the answer, cut a thin border next to the gold and black fill it. It will make that gold "snap" right out of the silver. Show us a picture when you are done.

William Grubb

Elite Cafe Member
Thanks Scott,
I haven't had a lot of experience with gold on silver, so I thought I would present the question ,I'm shure there is a few others that can benefit from knowing this procedure.

Latest posts

Sponsors