GorillaPod photographing

mitch

~ Elite 1000 Member ~
they've been very popular for general use- travel, outdoor- for some years now. using the delay timer on a lightweight camera, i'd imagine they'd work fine for small studio work- as long as you weren't shooting during an earthquake.....

BrianPowley

~ Elite 1000 Member ~
Several things that have improved my engraving photography :
A tripod or some kind of camera mount.
Shut off the built in flash---way too harsh for gun pics
Using the 10-second timer---it gives the camera time to stop shaking after you push the exposure button.
Manual mode--or some kind of Program Mode to stop down the aperture and increase exposure times.
...and now I'm starting to play with Photoshop ImageReady to "tweak" some elements of the picture. (I'm not very good at this yet)

Sam

Chief Administrator & Benevolent Dictator
Staff member
It's bloody fantastic! I just bought the SLR size with quick release plate and I'm VERY happy with it. Last night I bought an extra quick release plate for Abby's G12 and used $5 coupon code KONG at checkout. Since the plate was only $5 all I had to pay for was shipping :cool:

The Gorillapod will wrap around just about anything. It's a quality system and very well designed. Be sure to get the right one for your camera. There's a wizard on their site that helps you choose the right size. I should add that while it's a great, lightweight tripod, it's certainly not a replacement for heavy professional gear.

Here's a test shot I did with the Canon G12 using the Gorillapod for a tripod.

G12_prudhomme_buck.jpg
Engraving by E.C. Prudhomme

Latest posts

Sponsors