Got a engravers block....but it is broken

Mnavarro

Got a pepe engravers block but the worm gear is broken. Does anyone know where I could get a replacement? I will upload pics later thanks.
The block says 143.00 on top also

Last edited:

monk

Staff member
::::Pledge Member::::
contacting the manufacturer works. i got parts for my grs centering vise, including the screw and threaded inserts.

Tim Wells

~ Elite 1000 Member ~
Contacting Pepe and getting results may be a lot harder than contacting GRS. If it was me, I'd make a kayak anchor out of it and get one from a reputable company. With all the information on this forum about this very subject, I can't understand why folks still want to test the waters of a company that makes known defective products.

We all freely share experiences on tools and the like for the very reason to prevent someone getting bit and then stuck with a hunk of useless metal.

Mnavarro

Thanks for all the responses I have emailed them a few times since the post. I will call them tomorrow early and see what happens. A boat anchor is not a bad idea if I do not get anywhere. If not i will purchase one directly from GRS. From what I have read here they seem like a very reputable company. Thanks again.

Sam

Chief Administrator & Benevolent Dictator
Staff member
Contacting Pepe and getting results may be a lot harder than contacting GRS. If it was me, I'd make a kayak anchor out of it and get one from a reputable company. With all the information on this forum about this very subject, I can't understand why folks still want to test the waters of a company that makes known defective products.

We all freely share experiences on tools and the like for the very reason to prevent someone getting bit and then stuck with a hunk of useless metal.

The Pepe engraving vises I've seen at trade shows were sloppy garbage made in China or India. Buying junk tools is costly because the junk will fail and you have to eventually replace it with a good tool, so it ends up costing you more in the long run. Honest mistakes can happen if you're a newbie buying tools. Sorry this happened to you Mnavarro. An engraving vise should rarely (if ever) break. I have some from the 1800s that still function perfectly.

DakotaDocMartin

~ Elite 1000 Member ~
Buying junk tools is costly because the junk will fail and you have to eventually replace it with a good tool, so it ends up costing you more in the long run.

I think everyone has done that at some point and that's how we learn. Mark it down as "tuition" for your education.

Latest posts

Sponsors