Grasshopper/Master reunion

russ

Marty Rabeno. He’s the bomb.

It’s been a few years since I went through Marty’s class and I finally met up with him again at the Colorado gun show last weekend. I showed him my latest work and immediately he began critiquing. As my wife and I took off to another area in pursuit of a book Marty recommended, I mentioned this and she thought I was disappointed. Not at all, this is exactly what I was after – someone to put me back on track - someone to give me another way to look at things. I kept going back to his table with more questions and never did ask if he could help me find a gun to engrave knowing he got all the deals before the show opened. If you ever get a chance to meet Marty, don’t pass it up! He‘s a great guy and is always willing to help.

Russ

FANCYGUN

~ Elite 1000 Member ~
Hey Russ

Now you have me blushing. Thanks so much for the kind words.

It was great seeing you again and seeing the p[rogress you have made since you were in my class. You're doing great. How do you like the book I suggested you get? It's got a ton of great ideas in it. Let me know how any of my suggestions work out for you including the sharpening.
And yeah....I did pick up a few "toys" to play with or add to my 73 Winchester collection. It's always a fun show in Denver and it gives me the opportunity to see old friends like yourself and have a great time.

Marty

FANCYGUN

~ Elite 1000 Member ~
The Nimschke book Dave........hard to get and I saw a copy at the Denver show and suggested Russ get it

monk

Staff member
::::Pledge Member::::
that is my favorite book of all time. i gave mine to a friend who was so helpful and instrumental in my learning to carve hobos. he spent a lot of time holding my hand, when he could have been doing other things. his name is steve ellsworth,
aka "the coin cutter". the book was precious to me, but moreso was the gift of learning that steve gave to me.

Jane

Elite Cafe Member
keep an eye out on ebay for the book....I bought one for just over $100 I believe.....

Sponsors